allow-transfer

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Mon Aug 23 04:43:19 UTC 2004

L> If dns.isp.com is one of the NS records in the zone file,
L> should I still config allow-transfer in the named.conf?
L>                 IN      NS      dns.aaa.com.
L>                 IN      NS      dns.isp.com.

You are thinking of Microsoft's DNS server.  Microsoft's DNS server is
the one with the third option of using whatever is in the "NS" resource
record set at the "zone" apex to restrict "zone transfer" access.  BIND
only has the two options of allowing either anyone or only a
specifically named set of addresses given in the configuration file to
have "zone transfer" access.