bind 9.3 documentation?

Jason Vas Dias jvdias at redhat.com
Fri Aug 20 17:47:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 13:26, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> where can I find the documentation of bind 9.3 or at least 9.2? All
> documentation I found was of 2001 or older. Do I have to buy the
> dns&bind book from oreilly, or is it online somewhere?
>
> Regards
> Marten

The best documentation available to start with
is the Bv9ARM :
(BIND Version 9 Administrator's Reference Manual)
shipped with every bind9 distribution under doc/ -
on RedHat it is shipped in /usr/share/doc/bind-$version/arm .

This does not make up for the fact that the
distribution ships no 'named.conf(5)' manpage.

I've checked every major Linux distribution, and
they all ship the same named.conf(5) from BSD 4.4
(1999) which documents bind 8 and is badly out of
date.

It would be great if BIND would supply an up to
date named.conf man-page!

Also, a man-page for zone files is needed.