PowerDNS - Problems with tcp requests

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Aug 6 22:37:33 UTC 2004

Thomas Stensitzki <thomas at stensitzki.de> wrote:
> Hi,

> I maintain a PowerDNS installation running on a Windows 2003 Server.

> The PowerDNS does answer on DNS requests via UDP without any problems. =
When
> I force a tcp connection using dig, I do get an error:

> ;; communications error to 80.152.31.30#53: end of file

> The PowerDNS config file does not contain a "disable-tcp" entry.

> Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The DNS has to accept tcp
> requests.

As reading this question in a bind-centric newsgroup the unsurpricing ans=
wer
could sound like "install bind instead of powerdns". But i'll just recomm=
end
the question to be forwarded to the suppliers of powerdns.=20

> Regards,
> Thomas Stensitzki

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,