Don't try DNS at home! :-)

Wes Groleau groleau+news at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 27 03:17:16 UTC 2004

Duane Wessels wrote:
> Your question and my answer probably belong on the squid-users
> list.  You can follow up there or with me privately if necessary.

Well, unfortunately, running DNS apparently killed my e-mail
client!  A bigger problem than Squid, which also keeps me off
the Squid list and off "private followup."  :-)

> The -D command line option should work.  If not, there is a bug.

Definitely.  And I don't feel like bothering the guy who
ported it, since he has reportedly spent much of the last
six months in the hospital.

> If you still have problems, try the --disable-internal-dns option
> when configuring Squid.

Thanks, I'll look into that after I get my e-mail repaired.

--
Wes Groleau

   Armchair Activism: http://www.breakthechain.org/armchair.html