ISC Bind crashes dialy, should I upgrade?

Vince De Mello vince at microbotics.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 21:32:26 UTC 2004

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I carried out the command uname -a and got the
following result:

CYGWIN_NT-5.0 server1 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown

I then tried to do named -v and got:

'named' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable
program or batch file.

Does this mean I have a very old version of BIND?

Should I go to isc.org to get the latest BIND version? Please clarify as I
am very nervous about dabbling in this area.

Thanks

Vince

<phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu> wrote in message
news:c6jqtp$14og$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> Vince De Mello <vince at microbotics.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Please forgive my ignorance but I am new to ISC bind.
>
> > I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS5. Recently I noticed that our
ISC
> > Bind service kept stopping on a daily basis and had to be restarted.
> > I noticed the following errors in my log file which occured at the
moment of
> > the crash.
>
> > socket c:2230: fatal error:
> > select() failed: Socket operation on non-socket
> > exiting (due to fatal error in library)
>
> > Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> It's fatal all right.
>
> > I am also trying to figure out what version of ISC Bind I am running.
Can