Bind 9 zone fle question

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Apr 26 20:12:58 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I am trying to configure bind 9 to use the same zone file for
2 different zones. Normally If I have a zone called example.com and
example.net and they both point to the same ip address, I can point
the config file at the same zone file and all is ok. (ie: example.com.db)
The problem comes in if I would like to be able to have someone be able to
enter example.com instead of www.example.com to get to the web server. If I use
2 seperate zone files it is simply a matter of making an A record that
contains "example.com." in 1 zone file and "example.net." in the other zone
file. So my question is, is there a way to specify example.com. and example.net
in the same zone file or do I have to use 2 seperate zone files to do this?

Regards,

Tom