how to stop logging denied query's ?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Apr 23 16:03:28 UTC 2004

    Stephan> is there a way to stop logging denied query's ?  (I want
    Stephan> all other messages in my log)

Yes, you could divert all messages in the security logging category to
a null channel. ie
	logging {
		category security {
			channel null;
		};
	};

However that would be silly because you'd be suppressing all
security-related log messages. What you could do is stop the unwanted
traffic coming to your name server by adding a suitable ACL to your
router or firewall. That way you'd only get log messages if something
undesirable got past your firewall.

BTW, you should be running the current version of BIND9, not BIND8.