Setting up DNS in DMZ

Tim Stanley tsstanley1 at charter.net
Wed Apr 21 04:53:53 UTC 2004

So, if I understand this right, here's what I got:

Public 205.xxx.xxx.xxx
DMZ 192.168.1.xxx
Private 192.168.2.xxx

The dns is, for example, 192.168.1.1.

So, I build a zone for my domain using addresses from the 205.xxx.xxx.xxx
network in the DNS. I also have a reverse zone for the 205.xxx.xxx.xxx
network on the DNS.

Question I have, is, do I build a separate "zone" and reverse zone for the
192.168.1.xxx network on the DNS? Is this what you are talking about using
Split DNS for?

Does it really matter what the host name of the DNS server is? That is, does
it need to be a FQDN in my "registered" domain?

These are some of the questions I have. I've searched over the Internet for
examples, but just haven't found them yet.

Thanks!
news:c4u7r0$1sqh$1 at sf1.isc.org...