setting up free-parking

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at freenet.de
Fri Apr 9 19:47:50 UTC 2004

Am 2004-04-09 06:58:34, schrieb Jeff Lasman:

>I've decided this will work, but I'd like your input:
>
>1) we've made our master and slave nameservers non-recursive.  We don't
>use them for resolving the internet at large, and we've told our
>clients to not use them.
>
>2) Now I want to crate an authoritative zone file for "." with a
>wildcard A record.
>
>Will this work?  If not, is there another trick?
>
>If so, is there a good reason why we shouldn't do it this way?

Hmmm, I have pointed all HomeLess domains to one IP and
let do Apache the stuff. He grabs ALL Domains which are
pointing to its IP and show the Default page.

I have NO virtualhost in my apache.conf !

Only one host with the default page "Coming soon, hosted by..."
No mater which Domainname you use, IF it points to the Servers IP.

>Thanks.
>
>Jeff

Greetings
Michelle