sortlist Arithmetic

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Sep 30 19:59:20 UTC 2003

	How does one combine bits to form a larger network in a
sortlist?  I need a sortlist for part of a Class B from x.x.0.0
through x.x.223.255.

	I put in x.x/17 and got everything between the base and
base.127.255 in the sortlist, but I haven't figured out how to add
x.x/18 and x.x/19 to make one big sortlist. I've tried:

        sortlist {
{
x.x/17;
x.x.128.0/18;
x.x.192.0/19;
};
};

        sortlist {
{
x.x/17;
x.x/18;
x.x/19;
};
};

and even really clever stuff like
        sortlist {
{
x.x/16;
! x.x/20;
};
};

	I did create some smaller sortlists covering parts of our
network and they all worked.  Those, however, were simple net/21 or
net/24 ranges.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group