BIND 9.2.3rc4 is now available.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Sep 23 10:20:24 UTC 2003

Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:
>                BIND 9.2.3rc4 is now available.

[deleted]
> If you are using root-delegation-only "LV" needs to be added to the
> exclude list.
>
> e.g.
>        root-delegation-only exclude { "DE"; "LV"; "MUSEUM"; };

I don't see any reason for using wildcard in DNS. They bring few advantages
but much problems, as we can see now. (the same problems happen to other
domains, they are just not that wide).
Imho, wildcards should be wiped off DNS (RFC)

However, there are more domains having wildcards, as mentioned by Keith
Hanlan <resolver at hanlan.ca> in <bk9ptb$sss$1 at sf1.isc.org> (originally
<Pine.LNX.4.55L.0309170952190.9734 at kph.hanlan.ca>) and Ray
<ray.list at powerweb.net> (originally <auto-000064144181 at powerweb.net>):

.cc, .cx, .mp, .nu, .ph, .td, .tk, and .ws

It is hard to decide whether we really want them at all. I do not.

Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.