9.2.2 on Windows 2000 bug fixed?

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Sat Sep 20 01:37:03 UTC 2003

Danny Mayer wrote:

> >FWIW, I also noticed that bind version queries were also being refused in
> >9.2.3rc2 for Windows.  With or without the delegation-only zones in the
> >config.
>
> Post the query. That's most unlikely. It has nothing whatsoever to do with
> delegation-only zones unless the changes to handle delegation-only zones
> broke this behavior. I don't know what the exact changes were so I don't
> know if it's possible that it was affected.

Ok.  I'm still running 9.2.3rc2, as it seems to run fine otherwise.  Here's the
query:

C:\>dig @ns1.modyssey.net version.bind chaos txt

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> @ns1.modyssey.net version.bind chaos txt
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 41
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;version.bind.                  CH      TXT

;; Query time: 440 msec
;; SERVER: 206.168.47.2#53(ns1.modyssey.net)
;; WHEN: Fri Sep 19 19:31:17 2003
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 30

Here are my options settings on the server.  Unchanged from the previous
version I was running, which if I recall correctly was 9.2.1.

options {
  directory "C:\bind";
  listen-on { 206.168.47.2; };
  transfer-source 206.168.47.2;
  notify-source 206.168.47.2;
  query-source address 206.168.47.2;
  allow-transfer { "localmachines"; "clarkedns"; };
  recursion yes;
  notify yes;
};