what will BIND do if we provide incorrect zone via AXFR?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Sep 18 17:34:57 UTC 2003

    Matus> if the master server is functioning properly. That's the
    Matus> problem - I can't guarantee some of masters won't produce
    Matus> broken data.

Well in that case, don't serve anything from those masters! There has
to be some trust between the master and slave DNS servers and it looks
as though that trust doesn't exist for you. Too bad. So if you can't
trust some master server(s) to provide your server correct data, don't
serve their zones and get them to go elsewhere for slave service.