Fwd: Re: Verisign and spam blocking

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20030917T143002 at dailyplanet.wsrcc.com
Wed Sep 17 21:42:39 UTC 2003

Paul Vixie <vixie at sa.vix.com> writes:
> i think that if spam started to come from subdomains of .museum,
> that folks would just configure their mta's to reject all mail
> from subdomains of .museum.  this option is unavailable for
> subdomains of .com or .net, right?

I guess that would be one way to play that game.  The problem I'd
worry about is what happens a few years down the road if museums
decide they really do want to start sending mail from *.museum
addresses.  Chasing down all the SMTP-level blocks and having them
removed is going to be one challenging job.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/