Bind provides answer for comp.host.com, forwards rest of host.com - possible?

Stuart Moore stjm2 at cam.ac.uk.removethispart
Tue Sep 16 21:37:13 UTC 2003

Sorry if this is a silly question; I've done my best to search around
for answers before posting.

I'd like to have a nameserver running Bind 9.2.1 to provide an ip
address for comp.host.com, but forward any other queries for host.com to
another dns.

I'm guessing this isn't possible but thought it'd be worth a try.

Why would I like to do this? lazyness ;) In my case comp.host.com is a
news server on a network I have no control over, and is only accessible
from within that network. I'd like to access it from my home network too
without having to change settings every time. I can use ssh forwarding
to get a local computer to forward requests there, so I'd like to be
able to get my home network dns to report comp.host.com as the computer
doing the ssh forwarding. But I want to be able to get the rest of
host.com to be whatever the rest of the world sees.

Hope this is clear, and many thanks

Stuart