Fw: Feature Request

Marc Storck marc at storck.org
Tue Sep 16 15:57:12 UTC 2003

Hello,
I would like to see a feature, where we can define a list of IP adresses an when on of these IP Adresses is received as part of an answer than BIND should reply with NXDOMAIN.

Where can you use it? As workaround for VGRS's sitefinder.verisign.com. You may already know that VeriSign is pointing unregistered, misspelled domain to one of their sites. This causes very much confusing at the user-level. Instead of getting a clear messages that the domain does not resolve or does not exist they get verisign's address. eMails wouldn't bounce instantly as mailservers try to deliver to the A Record of the Domain as the MX record doesn't exist. SPAM-Filters will be less harder, as some well-known-spam-domains will suddenly resolve correctly etc etc etc

Your comments.....

Thanks

Marc