Is it possible to run 2 dns servers on 1 installation of bind?

Wyatt wyatt at wyattweb.com
Mon Sep 15 20:35:53 UTC 2003

Hi,

I currently manage 3 different sets of dns servers totalling 6
physical boxes.

ns.host1.com
ns2.host1.com

ns.host2.com
ns2.host2.com

ns.host3.com
ns2.host3.com

It would be great if I could merge these 6 boxes into 2 boxes, merging
all the primary into ns.host.com, and all the secondary into
ns2.host.com

Yet, I don't know if its possible to get 1 installation of bind to
answer to requests from 3 different dns names?  If it is possible, how
might I do this?

Of course, I would have to move the 3 IPS for each dns server to the
one resulting merged box....  but after that I need some help.

Any comments, help... would be much appreciated.

Wyatt