Blocking Verisign's new wildcard DNS record

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Mon Sep 15 21:34:09 UTC 2003

Verisign is now returning a wildcard record for any unregistered .net
domain, with .com soon to follow.  This is to redirect all such requests to
their own search site.

Now, the IP they are returning currently is 64.94.110.11. It just occurred
to me, is it possible to configure bind such that any lookup that returns
that IP returns Host not found  instead ?

If Verisign is determined to break DNS, perhaps we can break it back ?