dns settings for third party email provider

Klym nospam at klym.ca
Mon Sep 8 04:51:28 UTC 2003

I am learning the basics of DNS and am trying to solve a problem with
setting up my email.  I have gone through previous posts and the
how-to's but I'm still stumped ...

I am hosting my web site, www.sophoula.com, on my linux box and would
like to use a third party email hosting provider as I am not ready to
run my own mail server.  I created a MX record with my email host's
mail server name, ns4.i-mecca.net

I have a dynamic IP so I am using dynamic dns services from
www.dyndns.org
I created a CNAME record for sophoula.com pointing to klym.dyndns.org

My problem is I am unable to send mail to my email accounts,
me at sophoula.com for example.  I think the problem is when I send mail
to me at sophoula.com it attempts to send to me at klym.dyndns.org - see the
host query below:

dig sophoula.com mx

;; ANSWER SECTION:
sophoula.com.           85000   IN      CNAME   klym.dyndns.org.
klym.dyndns.org.        42345   IN      MX      10 ns4.i-mecca.net.

host -t mx sophoula.com

sophoula.com is an alias for klym.dyndns.org.
klym.dyndns.org mail is handled by 10 ns4.i-mecca.net.