How frequently Bind DNS can be updated?

Vinod Kumar vinod.kumar at alopa.com
Mon Sep 8 04:19:38 UTC 2003

Hi,

First of all Thanks a lot for your response, Simon.

I have few more questions which came after going through your reply.

You mentioned about the log file which DNS maintains. I belive the =
number of operations that can take place per second is not only hold =
good for Update, but this holds good for all operations.

Correct me if Iam wrong, I belive we should be able to do some X number =
of transactions with DNS per second, and in your case this X is 10. The =
operation can include Query/Delete/Add.

Because I concluded that the problem Iam facing could be due to this =
restriction, as in my case there will be more than 10 operation =
happening, which includes Query,Addition and Deletion.

Is there any site or resource available which gives the details about =
such a performance figures about Bind DNS ?? If it is there, please pass =
that to me.

- vinod=20