DNS - Parent - child relationship not working properly

Fredo hoskins37 at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 15:03:45 UTC 2003

> You do not state which DNS software you are using.  I infer that you
> are using the MS W2k DNS software.  As this is a BIND discussion
> group, you might not get much help here.  If I have time to read your
> posting in detail, I might post a response.
> Barry S. Finkel
> Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
> Argonne National Laboratory          Phone:    +1 (630) 252-7277
> 9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
> Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
> Argonne, IL   60439-4828             IBMMAIL:  I1004994

yep sorry barry i did indeed post this in the wrong group. Windows2000
DNS.

What it boils down to is I've delegated the child domain/zone to a
server in that zone and all resolutions work from child to parent but
they don't work form parent to child. Only the FQDN willl work from
parent to child...which is pretty useless.

Cheers.