Reg: TTL & Refresh

Durai tech_durai at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 06:11:40 UTC 2003

Hi All,
I am new to DNS.

I am having file with like following content:

@   IN  SOA     nameserver.place.dom.  postmaster.place.dom. (
                               1            ; serial number
                               3600         ; refresh   [1h]
                               600          ; retry     [10m]
                               86400        ; expire    [1d]
                               3600 )       ; min TTL   [1h]

My doubt is, I am having the zone files as master. When the TTL time & refresh expires, What will happen?

My guess is, If the zone files are "slave files" means Zone transfer will occur with matching serial number. But mine is the master file.

---