Building win32tools and libraries on a windows platform

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Oct 24 03:52:15 UTC 2003

At 09:49 AM 10/23/03, Bo Helleskov wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying for some days now to get the win32tools to=20
>build on windows to get some libraries to link against. But the=20
>build process keeps failing. I've read all the documents i can find.
>
>So my question is: has any body build the win32tools using the
>"Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 .NET" ?=20
>
>Because in every post i read they all write about "Visual Studio 6"=20
>plus service packs. I could of course install my old VS 6 again, but
>then i want to be sure that will built it.
>
>Any help ?
>
>Best wishes,
>Bo

If you are talking about the BIND 8 builds, I believe that there are .mak files
for most of the pieces and you can just run those directly even using VS.Net.
It's certainly true of BIND 9. Do you need to build your own instead of using
the binaries available from ISC? win32tools is just a subset of the full BIND 8
build. BIND 9 binaries comes with all of the tools that are available on Unix.
We never bothered creating a subset of the kit with just the tools.

Danny