DNS Naming Convention

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Oct 20 23:01:13 UTC 2003

> > 	I suggest that you go back and re-read your agreement with
> > 	your registrar.  The answer is in there.
>
> I have looked over the agreement at:
>
> http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/legal/static-service-agreement.jhtml
>
> I do not see any reference to this DNS issue but maybe I missed it.
>
> Can you give me an idea of what term I may be violating?

		 SCHEDULE A TO VERISIGN SERVICE AGREEMENT

	ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO REGISTRANTS OF DOMAIN NAMES

5. Domain Name Dispute Policy. If you registered a domain name through us, you agree to be bound by our current domain name dispute policy that is incorporated herein and made a part of this Agreement by reference. The current version of the domain name dispute policy may be found at our Web site: http://www.netsol.com/en_US/legal/dispute-policy.jhtml.

 6. Domain Name Dispute Policy Modifications. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may modify our dispute policy. We will post any such revised policy on our Web site at least thirty (30) calendar days before it becomes effective. You agree that, by maintaining the reservation or registration of your domain name after modifications to the dispute policy become effective, you have agreed to these modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any such modification, you may terminate this Agreement. We will not refund any fees paid by you if you terminate your Agreement with us.

7. Domain Name Disputes. You agree that, if your use of our domain name registration services is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in our dispute policy in effect at the time of the dispute. For any dispute with, or challenge by, a third party concerning or arising from your use of a domain name registered with us or your use of our domain name registration services, you agree to submit to subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division and the courts of your domicile. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below in this Agreement. If we are notified that a complaint has been filed with a judicial or administrative body regarding your use of our domain name registration services, you agree not to make a!
 ny changes to your domain name record without our prior approval. We may not allow you to make changes to such domain name record until (i) we are directed to do so by the judicial or administrative body, or (ii) we receive notification by you and the other party contesting your registration and use of our domain name registration services that the dispute has been settled. Furthermore, you agree that if you are subject to litigation regarding your registration and use of our domain name registration services, we may deposit control of your domain name record into the registry of the judicial body by supplying a party with a registrar certificate from us. You agree that we will comply with all court orders, domestic or international, directed against you and/or the domain name registration.

	In addition to the above which can be trigger by Yahoo using
	look-a-like domain names may leave you open to criminal /
	civil charges especially if you are depending upon their
	look-a-like nature.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org