Round robin, failover and resolvers

Barry Margolin barry.margolin at level3.com
Mon Oct 20 15:01:53 UTC 2003

In article <bmu4ja$20no$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Ori Tend <ori at fetchbook.info> wrote:
>Thanks Barry.
>In this case, I need, as you mentioned, to worry about the client apps.
>Would common browsers (specifically MS Explorer and Mozilla) continue
>and try the next ip's on the list?

I don't know offhand.  I think there was a message a few months ago where
someone reported on the behavior they saw from various browsers.  Try
googling for it.

Note that even if the browser *does* fail over, the timeout may be long
enough that users will hit the Stop button before it does.  So it may not
be a good idea to depend on it.

Barry Margolin, barry.margolin at level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA