DNS-Sendmail Network Config Question

Yop Yao jhkim0010 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 21:10:40 UTC 2003

Greetings,

I have a primary DNS / Sendmail server that has a connection out to the internet.  This box – we will call this box 1 for now- is also authoritative with the FQDN of abcxyz.com domain.

Box1 is also a slave for the hiya.info domain that is on a Win2k DNS box / Exchange 2000 mail program – we will call this windoze box2; the hiya.info domain is not FQDN and box2 is the master for this domain.

I have a firewall rule set to direct all mail traffic to box 1 (dns/sendmail box).

Currently,  I am able to zone transfers between the unix box (box1) and windoze box (box2) and receive and send internet emails directed to user at abcxyz.com

from box1.  I am working on trying to masq hiya.info to look like *@abcxyz.com when it passes through the sendmailbox(box1).

I would like to get box 1 to relay all incoming internet  mail  to box2 and all internal emails destined for the internet to hit box2 and have box2 hand off the emails to box1 before box1 sends it to the internet.

I know I need to make some sendmail config changes to achive this but also I know I need to set up MX correctly for my DNS for this to work right.

Questions:

   Where should I set the MX record to get the desired result provided that I made the right config changes to sendmail?  Should  I put it in db.abcxyz.com zone file or the db.hiya.info zone file?

Thanks -