newbie asks: script triggered by dynamic updates

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Oct 16 20:22:46 UTC 2003

Eduardo Ferreira <duda at icatu.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm very new to BIND 9.2.2 and needed to know if there is any way to=20
> execute a script after named receives a dynamic update from a client. T=
his=20
> way I could rearrange my iptables rules accordingly.

> TIA,

> Eduardo Ferreira

I would advice you to not go this route. Unless you have configured
DNSSEC there is not enought trust in DNS answers to change
access-lists in a firewall.=20

I would advice you to use soem VPN technology based on something the=20
machine has ( certificate, passphrase or simular) instead.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,