Newbie question (long)

Michael Garriss mgarriss at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 15:33:36 UTC 2003

Simon Waters wrote:

> - -serversMichael Garriss wrote:
>

>> com.primus.tld.nameserver.NSChangeException: completed: NO: RRP returned
>> unsuccessful!
>>

> I'd guess that means it can't query your name server.
>

>> CLUES:
>>

> IP address of your name server?

68.166.119.162

>> ;outside/uglymonkeys.com ------------------------------------------
>> $TTL 3D
>> @           IN      SOA     uglymonkeys.com. root.uglymonkeys.com. (
>>                            200310101   ; Serial
>>                            28800   ; Refresh
>>                            7200    ; Retry
>>                            604800  ; Expire
>>                            86400)  ; Minimum TTL
>>

> Wow a 1 day negative TTL, I think most things ignore anything over 3
> hours here, and if they don't one day you'll wish they had for 21 hours.

Changed....

>>            IN  NS     uglymonkeys.com.

Okay, this now reads:

          IN NS    frodo.uglymonkeys.com.

> Try creating a host name for this (guessing the authors of the GUI might
> not have allowed for this in their configuration, certainly more
> common), and you probably want an off-site secondary as well.

Thanks for the quick response.  However I still get that java exception
from DomainPlanet.  Could you/someone try talking to my name server at
68.166.119.162?  Maybe it's a firewall issues....I really at a loss for
leads at this point....

Michael Garriss