update caching nameserver immediately

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Wed Oct 8 03:20:34 UTC 2003

u can use nsupdate + dnsnotify on your authoritative servers to speed
the master-slave zone transfers, this is provided your authoritative
servers are also recursive and serves as default nameservers for your
clients .

in case you are going to split them, i don't see easy solution, apart
from lowering the ttls, or bind 9.3 flush as you mentioned.

u can make the recursive server stealth slave and use dnsnotify to
update it's "hidden secondary zone"

Ladislav