how a name DNS can have several @ IP in different lan?

Roger Ward roger.ward at national-net.com
Wed Oct 1 18:29:13 UTC 2003

Consider using what is commonly known as "Views" in bind.  You setup a
listener on your LAN interface for a single IP (or as many network cards as
you need for your network) and configure different views to respond to
queries from your IP address range (for your internal LAN) with internal DNS
data.  Then the rest should get your public DNS data.  This means two
things:

- Essentially you'll be running two domains (one internal, one external)
- Once you setup views you can configure your DNS server not to answer
recursively for outside requests
	(if someone queries YOUR nameserver for something like www.isc.org,
then your DNS server can optionally return just the delegation information,
and not the IP address).

Hope this helps!  Feel free to ask more questions...

Roger