Detecting Failures

Eamon Murchan eamon.murchan at arup.com
Wed Oct 1 16:18:40 UTC 2003

Martin asks

What do large operations with extremely high reliability factors do when
they run bind?

I run Lucent BIND 8.2.6 and support Active Directory globally. To put aside
the debate on Microsoft DDNS with respect to security and resilience. For
the corporate organisation may I recommend Lucent VitalQIP. This application
supports IP Address management, DNS and DHCP functionality. The DNS function
not only has true multi-master DNS with an easy to use GUI with worthwhile
granular logging. It has a function called EDUP where your AD zones can be
replicated to the other multi-master DNS servers within your organisation.

Regards
Eamon
Eamon Murchan
Server Team Leader