Bind, caching and authoritative domains

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at pixexcel.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 10:13:11 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have a bind DNS server setup that is authoritative for a number of
domains aswell as functioning as a caching name server.

I want to be able to configure the server so that is will serve any
DNS lookup (for those domains that it is authoritative for and those
that it isn't) for a specific range of IP addresses, but for every
other IP address only allow lookups for those IPs for which the host
is authoritative.  I hope that makes sense.

Currently it will serve all lookups for all IPs.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Nige.