A little help please Thanks

Stolen stolen at thecave.net
Tue Oct 28 17:40:53 UTC 2003

News Subsystem wrote:

>this is new to me but trying to learn without help but I am now stuck
>
>I am having major problems and it is driving me nuts!!!! I have done
>everythig to make this work (i think) Ido some time get the dig to
>show all of my info correctly  from other outside servers but all the
>sudden it stops working for no reason at all. everything works
>perfectly from the server box all info reply's perfectly but from
>nowhere else I don't know what else to do
>I have never been able to bring up the web page from any where but the
>localhost never from the internet. I have been reading this group for
>a couple of day's now and it has got me this far without asking any
>questions until now. I hope I have sent enough info to at least get a
>few answers
>

>here is my info
>Suse 9.0 pro
>bind 9.2.2   <- suse installed version
>dig 9.2.2
>
>zone edschooler.com
>
>$TTL 2W
>@		IN SOA		edschooler.com.	root.edschooler.com.(
>				2003102603	; serial
>				2D		; refresh
>				4H		; retry
>				6W		; expiry
>				1W )		; minimum
>;
>
>		IN MX		10 mail.edschooler.com.
>		IN NS		edschooler.com.
>;
>@                  A            209.210.153.177
>mail               A            209.210.153.177
>www                CNAME        @
>
>;

your whois shows the following for nameservers:
   Domain servers in listed order:
      NS1.EDSCHOOLER.COM
      NS1.SDOAK.COM
This disagrees with your zone above.  you should really make them match
if you want everything to work consistantly.

Not to mention that you haven't even set up ns1.edschooler.com in your
zone, and that ns1.sdoak.com doesn't exist either. (other than as glue
at the root servers).

>____________________________
>
>zone 127.0.0
>$TTL 1W
>@		IN SOA		localhost. root.localhost (
>				2003102503	; serial
>				2D		; refresh
>				4H		; retry
>				6W		; expiry
>				1W )		; minimum
>
>		IN NS		localhost.
>1		IN PTR		localhost.
>_____________________________
>zone localhost
>
>$TTL 1W
>@		IN SOA		@	root (
>				2003102503	; serial
>				2D		; refresh
>				4H		; retry
>				6W		; expiry
>				1W )		; minimum
>
>		IN A		127.0.0.1
>		IN NS		@
>_____________________________
>
>named.conf
>

>	notify no;
>};
>zone "." in {
>	type hint;
>	file "root.hint";
>};
>zone "localhost" in {
>	type master;
>	file "localhost.zone";
>};
>zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
>	type master;
>	file "127.0.0.zone";
>};
>

>include "/etc/named.conf.include";
>zone "edschooler.com" in {
>	file "master/edschooler.com";
>	type master;
>};

What is in /etc/named.conf.include?
Your nameserver at  209.210.153.177 is refusing queries from me.

dig edschooler.com. @209.210.153.177

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> edschooler.com. @209.210.153.177
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 40829
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0