Is port 53 required for both incoming and outgoing

Ken Hays hays at acns.fsu.edu
Fri Nov 7 19:02:49 UTC 2003

Eric, You can probably have a daemon running. But, ...

How are queries to get to it if you do not open port 53
coming into the unit?

Later, Ken

 Kenneth M. Hays                                hays at acns.fsu.edu
 Academic Computing and Network Services        aka kmh8 at the NIC
 Florida State University                       voice=850-644-2591x129
 2035 East Paul Dirac Drive                     fax=850-644-8722
 Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2760                eFax=773-913-0894