nsupdate on MS Windows

Cinense, Mark macinen at sandia.gov
Fri Jul 25 13:33:04 UTC 2003

I am running nsupdate on a Windows 2000 server, and updating a Bind 9.2.2
server.  Does anyone know why I might be having problems with the nsupdate
utility.  The problem is that it hangs sometimes, and on some days a lot and
on other days not at all.  I guess nsupdate uses udp, is this correct?  Just
about everyone in the server group thinks it is the network switch, and of
course the network group thinks it is our servers.  The nsupdate utility is
the one from ISC's website, and it is compiled for Win32.

Please help.

Mark