reverse look up problems

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Tue Jul 22 23:08:54 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:45:15PM -0600, RYAN M vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

> <majordomo at postfix.org>: host mail.cloud9.net[168.100.1.9] said: 554 Service
>     unavailable; Client host [137.186.210.1] blocked using
>     rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> can someoone help me with this problem

Fixing your reverse, even if possible, won't fix that problem. Your IP
address is listed by your provider as part of a dialup pool. Dialup
users should use their provider's SMTP servers, rather than trying to
send mail directly. Many organizations block SMTP from dialup address
blocks, because virtually all SMTP connections from dialup address space
is spam.

-Pete