Importing large amounts of addresses into Microsoft DNS

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Jul 21 21:16:27 UTC 2003

Nick Tew <nick.tew at budgens.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, we have a few thousand new addresses that we need to import into
> our Microsoft DNS Server NT4 SP6a and we our looking for a way around
> manually inputing each individual address. After researching on the
> web no import technique was found that could achieve this task. Can
> anyone help with this?

> Is this possible?

The really big advantage of running services on un*x is that every possible
textprocessing tool is a potential toll for serving your current problem,
and every ( almost) server process has text-files as input. The above
problem is reduced to a suitable collection of sed/awk/perl snippets.

--
Peter Håkanson