Port 53 Forwarding.

Ryan Korock r.korock at f5.com
Mon Jul 21 17:50:23 UTC 2003

By default BIND is going to listen on port 53. Although a majority of
DNS traffic will be UDP, BIND will accept both (and there are reasons
such as zone transfers & antiquated resolvers to allow both).

Have you been able to do any low level (tcpdumps, etc) tests to confirm
that the DNS requests are even reaching your DNS server through the
firewall? That would probably be a good place to start.

Regards
Ryan