hosts files not being created...

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jan 31 21:38:19 UTC 2003

> > Why are you creating a secondary zone file?  That is named's job.
>
> I didn't create the file, I put the entry in /etc/named.conf
> the syslog message says that /var/named/DOMAIN.host was created as
> db-XXxxxxx

	No. It says "saved '/var/named/DOMAIN.host' as 'db-XXxxxxx'".

> the domain is never getting any transfers from the master server.

	It looks like you are upgrading a old system and that BIND9 doesn't
	like the cache file from the old system so it throws them away
	and attempts to transfer a new copy.  This is failing for some
	reason that will be logged.

	I would have helped if you didn't say you were creating the files
	and that this was a "fresh install".

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org