db.127.0.0 file

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Thu Jan 30 02:28:00 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 06:51  PM, Alan Chia wrote:

> I am configuring a Name Caching-only server, and i don't want to
> configure a
> primary and slave name server. So what should i put in the file of
> db.127.0.0.
>
> i suppose it should go like this
>
> 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa IN SOA  {

0.0.127.in-addr.arpa should end in a dot.  Also, this line should end
with
"(", not "{".

You're missing two fields in your SOA record:  the MNAME and RNAME
fields.

> 1
> 10800
> 3600.

This line shouldn't end in a dot.

> 604800
> 86400 )
>
> 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa IN PTR localhost

Again, 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa should end in a dot, and "localhost"
should
end in a dot.

> Can anyone tell me what am i missing ? thanks alot

Quite a bit, for such a short file.

cricket