no more TCP clients: quota reached

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Jan 21 20:20:39 UTC 2003

	We have been running BIND 9.2.1 for many months with no
problem at all when we suddenly started getting
messages in the log of the format shown in the subject line.

	Shortly after that, the named process died.  After
restarting it, all is well again.  What quota was exceeded?  Bind
was extremely busy at the time.  I think we have been running
this version of bind since last June and this is the first time
it has just died on its own.

	It is one good piece of software, but something went
wrong today.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group