LOC reverse look-up

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Jan 19 23:31:51 UTC 2003

At 09:41 AM 1/16/03, Josh Howlett wrote:
>Am I right in thinking you can't do reverse look-ups on a LOC RR?
>
>ie. For a given Lat/Long, determine a hostname(s)?

How many computers do you have at the University of Bristol? Aren't
they all at the same Lat/Long? So how useful is this information
in the first place? I would have thought that a TXT record would provide
you with better information to store about a particular host assuming
anyone bothers to add it in the first place.

Danny