Chicken and egg problem. How to transfer a new domain to its new DNS servers

David Botham dns at botham.net
Thu Jan 16 21:27:21 UTC 2003

The answer to your question is Glue records, aka host registrations.  Go
to your registrar and register you new name servers ns1 and ns2
.test.com.  During that process you will be asked for the host names and
IP addresses.  That is how they know.  That is also why you must
register your name server before using them to serve zones...

Dave...