Tip: Personal DNS server for Windows XP free !

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Sun Jan 12 21:38:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:26:57PM -0800, NT Canuck wrote:

> For anyone interested....
>
> So as not to repeat myself
> this complete thread was echoed in:
> mailing.unix.bind-users

Which is not gatewayed to comp.protocols.dns.bind or to
bind-users at isc.org, so your responses there are irrelevant and invisible
to those of us who participate in this forum via sanctioned methods.

> Or you can use the Google link at the
> www.ntcanuck.com website for more
> posts/remarks regarding BIND-PE.
>
> link to thread in unix.bind-users
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?V64B41B03

Well, if you're unable to remember the thread from November in which
many people questioned your decision, and only you defended it, the
thread subject was "Persistent Cache". I refer you to
<apno21$3ghm$1 at isrv4.isc.org> and its followups.

> link to post by Richard Sexton (ORSC)
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?K36B52B03

A well-known agitator for alternate roots asserts that alternate roots
are a good thing. Color me impressed. But again, things that people post
to "mailing.unix.bind-users", a group that poorly and needlessly
reimplements the standard mail/news groups comp.protocols.dns.bind and
bind-users at isc.org, don't make it here. If you want to talk to
yourselves, go ahead. Most people won't hear you.

-P.