Bind 9 and IBM AIX 4.3.3 IP V6 reverse loopback resolution

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Thu Jan 9 21:54:49 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, those who know me have no need of my name wrote:

> >	Do use the name of the machine that is serving the data.
> >	This puts the load causes by additional data lookup where
> >	it rightly belongs.
>
> localhost *is* the name of that machine.  one might argue that it is merely
> one of it's names and not as specific as (one of) the other(s), but it is
> it's name.

I think you might have missed one of Mark's points here. Do you have a
zone configured like this:

zone "localhost" ...

in the named.conf for that server? If you don't, you're going to leak
queries to the roots. If you do, no problem.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?