Active Directory Integrated DNS

Rahul Parasnis rparasnis at clj.co.jp
Thu Jan 9 06:03:14 UTC 2003

Hello ,

I been trying to find some options on using bind Servers to support the
Active Directory integration.

I have come to conclusion that I have decided to
Allow dynamic update only for Domain controller for
_tcp, _msdcs,_tcp,_sites zones only using allow-update statements.
Dynamic Update will be disabled from Windows clients . ( I know I have to
mange manually )

if anybody has any suggestions on not doing this kind configuration for
Windows 2k , please let me know ?

One of the point which has not become very clear for me is ,
When windows client boots up , it checks whether the A-records is present or
not , if it's present then it deletes it and makes the entry for it's name .

Question is , is it possible to add alias name for dynamically for wind2k
clients computername.
if Windows 2k client has two interfaces( or virtual interfaces ) then can it
make entries for two IP addresses ?

best regards,
- RAHUL

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging to
Credit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail,
or any information it contains, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.
Credit Lyonnais shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.