update denied

Will Yardley you at aredumb.com
Wed Jan 8 22:33:19 UTC 2003

In article <avi7n7$at68$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, Ragnar Paulson wrote:

> Thanks.  That's what I suspected,  it was just incredulous that there
> are servers out there blatantly trying to change (hijack?) my zone
> records.  At least half a dozen different servers all over the world are
> doing this, and all on the same zone even though this server is Master
> for several others.

It's pretty unlikely that they're *maliciously* trying to change your
zone records. Rather, they're misconfigured Windoze systems that have
your domain configured on them trying to send dynamic updates... at
least that's my understanding of it.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.