Resolver lib for Win32

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 8 20:38:20 UTC 2003

At 11:01 AM 1/8/03, Gisle Vanem wrote:

>Hi folks, hope this is the right place to ask.
>
>I need the import lib and .dll (or a static library) for the res_mkquery()
>functions
>and friends. I find it a daunting task to compile BIND myself. I need it
>to port
>some program from BSD ti Windows. Where can I get them?
>
>Target: Win-XP, MingW32, gcc 3.21

If you download the BIND 8.3.4 source you can build libbind on Win32. This
will work for Microsoft's VC++ compiler. This will give you the libbind.dll
and libbind.lib files. I haven't used gcc or MingW32 on a Win32 platform
so I don't know what problems you might run into. The dll is available in
the Win32 Binary distribution kit, but the lib file is not, so you have to
build that yourself.

Danny