How to do....

Ron Hall thorn at cc.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 20 18:20:49 UTC 2003

	Howdy!

	The networking group has decided that subnets are good
	and that those wanting to run Win 2K "dns" services can.
	In theory thi is OK, but now they've taken it and broken
	it in to tiny pieces where I now have the following
	scenario...

	Most of a class B let's say 132.216.28 is and has been
	served up by the primary DNS server, but now a small
	subnet has been set up so that those addresses will
	be 'served up' by the the WIN 2K box and secondary
	by Me. The question is I really think I did to do
	what's described on pages 237-240 of the 4thEd BIND
	bokk (a great read of course), but what do my

	named.conf
	28.216.132.in-addr.arpa

	files need to look like for this to work. I've obviously
	(obviously) missed something, but what?!?!?

	Any and all help appreciated. As this is likely to be the
	wave of the future- just thought I'd get a handle on it
	now....

	TIA

	As Always