How to update the new root server installed in Madrid

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Thu Feb 20 18:05:32 UTC 2003

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 08:44  AM, Miguel A. Paramio wrote:

> Yesterday a new rootserver has been installed in Madrid. I would like
> to know how to update the named.ca file of my DNS.
>
> Could anybody tell me how to do it ????

You don't need to do anything.  The new root name server is a replica of
f.root-servers.net, the root name server in Palo Alto, and shares f's IP
address.  If your routers believe that the instance of f in Madrid is
closer
than the instance in Palo Alto, your name server will query the replica
in Madrid when it queries f.

cricket

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, now available!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/